Joel Hocking is the High-Performance Manager at St Monica’s College Epping. Prior to working at St Monica’s, Joel was the High-performance manager of Carlton Football Club, Melbourne Football Club along with roles as an S&C coach at Essendon and Hawthorn over a 20-year period.
- 00:00 How his love for S&C started
- 01:09 Fave ways to develop himself and his practical skills as an S&C coach
- 02:08 Habits to develop for athletes
- 03:15 Advice on how to structure your training for pre season
- 04:12 His favourite athletes to work with and his reason
- 05:05 Joel’s pet peeves and how he spends his day off
- 05:46 What an S&C coach job looks like in a high school setting
- Ed Curnow
- Dylan Buckley
- Shane Crawford
- Tom Scully
- Andrew Walker
- Andrew Russell
- Bohdan Babijcuk
Connect with Joel: https://www.instagram.com/jch.hocking/
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨
Prepare Like a Pro is a strength and conditioning platform that works with developing footballers and strength and conditioning coaches. To empower you with best practice physical preparation methods.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch these live chats, our next guest is:
And if you want to get more involved with our community and make a guest appearance on a future episode join our Academy on Patreon.
Thanks for tuning in and be sure to contact us for any inquiries or to discuss advertising your brand on the prepare like a pro platform