Highlights of the episode:
- Best performance gyms to gain coaching experience
- Academy and online memberships to gain coaching education
- Best courses and conferences for coaching
- Coaching placement or internships
- Coaching mentorships
2023 is the year to get serious about becoming a better Strength & Conditioning Coach. If you want to take your coaching career to the next level, there are a multitude of resources available to help you hone your skills and knowledge.
For those looking for a comprehensive education in Strength & Conditioning, obtaining a degree or certification from an accredited program is essential. Accredited programs must meet certain academic standards and ensure that their students are well-versed in both theory and practice. With that said, there are numerous independent seminars and workshops throughout the country where experienced coaches can expand upon their existing knowledge base or pick up new skills in strength training and conditioning exercises. Attending these events will give coaches direct access to industry experts who can provide valuable tips and insights from their own experience.
Another great source of education is the internet. With a wealth of information available at our fingertips, it’s no wonder that so many coaches are turning to online resources for guidance on Strength & Conditioning best practices. From video tutorials and podcasts to articles, webinars, and streaming services like YouTube or Twitch, there’s a plethora of content out there that can help aspiring coaches sharpen their skills.
Finally, in-person networking events offer an excellent opportunity to connect with other professionals and exchange ideas and knowledge. Such events give you direct interaction with those who have successfully navigated the strength & conditioning coaching path before you, which can be invaluable when formulating your own game plan for success.
For those serious about improving their coaching skills in 2023, these resources provide invaluable opportunities to learn and develop professionally. Whether you’re looking for a comprehensive academic experience or just want to brush up on some basics, you have plenty of options available to get better at Strength & Conditioning coaching this year!
– Pursuing an accredited degree or certification is essential for becoming a successful Strength & Conditioning Coach.
– There are numerous independent seminars and workshops where experienced coaches can expand upon their existing knowledge base or pick up new skills in strength training and conditioning exercises.
– Utilizing online resources like video tutorials, podcasts, articles, webinars, and streaming services like YouTube or Twitch is an excellent way to sharpen coaching skills.
– Participating in networking events can give direct access to industry experts and other professionals who have successfully navigated the strength & conditioning coaching path before you.
– With plenty of options available, 2023 is a great year for those serious about improving their Strength & Conditioning coaching skills!
Check out our coaches academy to connect with world-class coaches!
Jack McLean is the founder of Prepare Like a Pro. He loves coaching people so that they can reach their personal/professional goals and become the best that they can possibly be. He is currently the Strength & Rehab Coach of Melbourne Football Club and has worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach at Hawthorn Football Club. Jack is a Level 3 Australian Strength & Conditioning Association and Professional Coach and a Level 1 Australian Weightlifting Federation Coach.