In 2016, Meg was drafted by Collingwood in the AFLW fulfilling her childhood dream. She made her debut in round 1, 2017, in the inaugural match at IKON Park against Carlton. Meg announced her retirement as an AFLW player in 2018, she continued to play the game with Hawthorn. Since her time at the hawks, Meg has won a Premiership in 2018 & recently played her 250th game of football!
She is also a private football coach and co-owner of Body fit ocean grove.
In this podcast, we discussed:
- 0:00 Guest Intro
- 1:11 Her love for the game and fond memories of playing with her mates and brothers growing up
- 9:07 – How AFLW began and Meg’s involvement in setting up the Collingwood list and operations
- 13:54 Her work as a coach and bodyfit owner
- 17:59 Meg mentors along her journey and how she managed to continue to develop playing other sports while football wasn’t an option
- 23:58 Her insight on how to prepare for AFL football, including the training, recovery, and the mental side
- 38:42 Plans for post footy career and what she’s looking forward to
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨
Prepare Like a Pro is a strength and conditioning platform that works with developing footballers and strength and conditioning coaches. To empower you with best practice physical preparation methods.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch these live chats, our next guest is:
Joel Hocking 8 pm 19/8/21 AEST
And if you want to get more involved with our community and make a guest appearance on a future episode join our Academy on Patreon.
Prepare Like a Pro academy
Thanks for tuning in and be sure to contact us for any inquiries or to discuss advertising your brand on the prepare like a pro platform