In Episode 47 of the Prepare Like A Pro Podcast, I am speaking with Paul Sealey, the Talent High-Performance Manager at the Australian Football league. Prior to working in the AFL, Paul was the strength and conditioning coach at Texas A&M University and has worked at Eastern Ranges FC & was a lecturer at Australian Catholic University. Paul worked at Texas A&M for 14 years in a range of different sports.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Paul’s football journey from start to now.
- His learnings from working in the USA college system.
- His role at the AFL and how he manages AFL draft prospects all over the country.
- The challenge 2020 COVID season brought, and he managed to keep players active and engaged in their development.
- Paul’s love for high performance, physical preparation, and why training yourself as a coach is so important.
- The importance of having an individualized strength & conditioning program for working on your strengths as well as managing past injuries.
- What has worked and what has and hasn’t throughout his career.
- How he values technique and posture when it comes to running & gym movements for young developing footballers.
- Paul provided insight into his approach to preparing AFL footballers and how important lifestyle factors like sleep & nutrition are when it comes to getting the most out of yourself.
- Mike Clarke
- Matthew Glassop
Jack McLean is the founder of Prepare Like a Pro. He loves coaching people so that they can reach their personal/professional goals and become the best that they can possibly be. He is currently the Strength & Rehab Coach of Melbourne Football Club and has worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach at Hawthorn Football Club. Jack is a Level 3 Australian Strength & Conditioning Association and Professional Coach and a Level 1 Australian Weightlifting Federation Coach.