In this episode of the Prepare Like A Pro Podcast, I am speaking with Dylan Vizzarri, High Performance Manager in the VFL. Dylan is one of our strength & conditioning coaches and is completing his master of teaching degree. Before strength & conditioning, Dylan was a personal trainer and played football for Oakleigh Chargers & Box Hill Hawks.
We discussed with Dylan his love for training and football, wow he has shaped his coaching philosophy during his experiences at western bulldogs, Oakleigh Chargers & and Hawthorn football clubs. Dylan also provided insight into his approach to physically prepare the players at Box Hill where he works for AFL football and the importance of sticking to the basics and training power in the gym.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Dylan strength & conditioning journey from start to no.
- His learnings from his Cadetship at Western Bulldogs.
- How personal training has helped his coaching experience and rehabilitation knowledge.
- The challenge 2020 COVID season brought.
- Key tips for developing footballers wanting to play at the highest level.
- The importance of having a individualized strength & conditioning program for working on your strengths as well as manage past injuries.
- The importance of internships for strength & conditioning coaches and how to make the most of them.
- Why he has decided to study master of teaching and how it’s helping his coaching already.
- Matt Inness
- Luke Boyd
- Sean Murphy
- Sam Mitchell
- Marcos Bellos
- Zane Leonard
- Ben Janson
- Nick Jack
- James Serong
- Daniel Napoli
Join our community
PS. If you love the show, and want more…
join our community and receive a free 4 week strength & conditioning program plus much more!