In this episode of the Prepare Like A Pro Podcast I am speaking to Dylan Moore. Recruited from the Caulfield Grammar, Dylan is an elite runner who continues to establish himself in the Hawthorn football senior team.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Dylan’s love for the game and how his drive to be an AFL footballer began at the age of 17 after a strong performance on the field.
- His football journey from start to now his learning’s from being in the AFL system and having mentors such as Luke Breust.
- About the “Young Bulls” tradition at Hawthorn FC and how they work together to get better and enjoy the process.
- What worked and what has and hasn’t throughout his career, how he values life balance and plenty of tips and tricks for young developing footballers.
- How athletics helped develop his aerobic capacity and ability to get an edge on his competition going into the draft.
- His mentors along the journey from his father and best mates from Rowville football club.
- Dylan’s great insight into his approach on how to prepare himself year round and the importance of listening to your body and the importance of adjust your training intensity when your body is fatigued.
- Luke Breust
- Sam Mitchell
- Changkuoth Jiath (CJ)
- Trent Mynott
- Mitchell Lewis
- Emerson Jeka
- Alastair Clarkson
- Mitchell Lewis
- Jack Scrimshaw
- James Worpel
Jack McLean is the founder of Prepare Like a Pro. He loves coaching people so that they can reach their personal/professional goals and become the best that they can possibly be. He is currently the Strength & Rehab Coach of Melbourne Football Club and has worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach at Hawthorn Football Club. Jack is a Level 3 Australian Strength & Conditioning Association and Professional Coach and a Level 1 Australian Weightlifting Federation Coach.