In Episode 4 of the Prepare Like A Pro Podcast, I am speaking with Damian Carroll the Head of development at Collingwood FC, prior to Collingwood Damian also known as ‘DC’ was head of development at Hawthorn Fc and worked at the club during the clubs most recent 4 premierships.
In this episode, you will learn:
- DC’s coaching journey from start to now
- His learnings from working in the AFL
- His role at Collingwood and how he manages the development program
- The importance of having an individualised approach and how each athlete apart of the academy will have their own development focus specific to their game
- Tips for coaches wanting to work in the AFL
- Tips and tricks for developing footballers wanting to play in the AFL
- Nathan Buckley
- Alastair Clarkson
- Max Bailey
- Marcos Bellos
- Sam Mitchell
- Scott Pendlebury
- Luke Hodge
- Jordan Lewis
Definitely check this chat out we dive into some topics any football fan, footballer or staff member needs to hear.
Connect with DC
Jack McLean is the founder of Prepare Like a Pro. He loves coaching people so that they can reach their personal/professional goals and become the best that they can possibly be. He is currently the Strength & Rehab Coach of Melbourne Football Club and has worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach at Hawthorn Football Club. Jack is a Level 3 Australian Strength & Conditioning Association and Professional Coach and a Level 1 Australian Weightlifting Federation Coach.