Ben Parker discusses his journey into the field of sports nutrition, starting as a chef & nutritionist with the AIS and Australian swim team.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Importance of working hard and trying things on yourself first ie nutrition manipulation for body composition
- Why whole foods are important for health, performance and career longevity.
- Tips and tricks to optimise recovery and gain critical mass.
- Why vegetables are so important and how elite athletes like Novak Djokovic eat clean, unprocessed foods.
- Why setting up your eating ‘environment’ in your kitchen or football club is so important for nutritional success.
- Ben’s role at the Gold Coast Suns and with competition/training camps.
- Garry Slater
- Novak Djokavic
- Garry Ablett