Bohdan Babijczuk, one of Australia’s most respected fitness coaches, has had a strong involvement with AFL football. He is a highly experienced athletics & physical preparation coach. Bohdan has worked with the Melbourne FC, the Australian National Basketball Team (the Boomers), as Head Fitness Coach from 2002 until 2006, while he also worked as a consultant and specialist speed coach with Richmond, St Kilda, and the Kangaroos during 2005 and 2006.
Before these appointments, Bohdan was the Fitness Coordinator at Hawthorn Football Club from 1994 until 2004, after a stint with Collingwood as strength and Conditioning Coach from 1991 to 1993. Bohdan has a Bachelor of Education – Physical Education and is a Level 5 Athletic Coach.
Highlights of the episode:
- What data they were tracking back then when coaching
- The importance of journaling after coaching sessions and preparing for future sessions
- How to keep athletes focus on one thing
- Why do coaches also need to journal subjective data and what the athletes are feeling during coaching
- His philosophy on video analysis and creating biomechanical reports for players to develop better movement efficiency