Vince is an experienced High-Performance Manager with 20 years of experience in elite sport roles gained in professional football codes and Olympic sport environments. He is a highly organized and detail-oriented manager, able to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively to ensure the successful delivery of physical performance programs within a team environment. Vince is an effective leader, who encourages excellence in individuals and inspires team members to achieve their potential while working toward common performance goals.
He has extensive experience in professional elite sport across a range of sports in both the professional environment and within the state institute academy network including Commonwealth and Olympic medallists.
Leadership and managerial experience include the development of long-term strategic plans, business plans, budgetary controls, and staff supervision through key performance areas and development plans.
His areas of research interest include ergogenic aids, quantification and management of training stress, the neuromuscular and hormonal adaptations to exercise, strength and power measurement, and strength and conditioning in high-performance sport. Vince is currently completing a Ph.D., examining the efficacy of beta-alanine supplementation.
Key Topic: Resistance Priming for Gameday Performance
Highlights of the episode:
- What is resistance priming and how it’s used for game day performance
- How to measure the effect of a priming session
- Key considerations for resisted primer sessions such as training age, demands of the sport and athlete preference
- Common mistakes Strength & Conditioning staff make when programming a resisted primer session
- The difference between isometric and isotonic primer sessions
- Factors Modulating the Priming Response to Resistance and Stretch-Shortening Cycle Exercise Stimuli
- Resistance Priming to Enhance Neuromuscular Performance in Sport: Evidence, Potential Mechanisms and Directions for Future Research
To join our Coaches waitlist, fill out the link below:
Jack McLean is the founder of Prepare Like a Pro. He loves coaching people so that they can reach their personal/professional goals and become the best that they can possibly be. He is currently the Strength & Rehab Coach of Melbourne Football Club and has worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach at Hawthorn Football Club. Jack is a Level 3 Australian Strength & Conditioning Association and Professional Coach and a Level 1 Australian Weightlifting Federation Coach.