Alex is the High-Performance Manager of the Illawarra Hawks in the NBL. He has almost 20 years of experience in elite sport bringing a background in both strength and conditioning training and exercise physiology. Prior to the Hawks, he was the Head Strength & Power coach of the North Melbourne Kangaroos and Brisbane Lions. Alex has also worked in the states as High-performance manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator at the US Ski Team.
Highlights of the episode:
- Applying the Australian model to programming workouts for 7- foot basketball players
- Common processes for getting a full-time contract in elite sport
- How Alex manages his schedule that can have 7 games in 10 days in 6 different cities
- The common trend most world-class athletes have
- Important skills for S&Cs or physios in rehab role for long-term injury
- Lachlan Penfold
- Aaron Murphy
- Troy Flannigan
- Jonas Segal
- Bill Knowles
- Majak Daw
#alexmoore #plplivechats #australianfootball #aussierulesfootball #aussierules #sherrinaus #aussierules
To join our Coaches waitlist, fill out the link below:
Jack McLean is the founder of Prepare Like a Pro. He loves coaching people so that they can reach their personal/professional goals and become the best that they can possibly be. He is currently the Strength & Rehab Coach of Melbourne Football Club and has worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach at Hawthorn Football Club. Jack is a Level 3 Australian Strength & Conditioning Association and Professional Coach and a Level 1 Australian Weightlifting Federation Coach.