Tim is a Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist with over 15 years full-time experience in professional sport and nearly 20 years in clinical practice. He completed his PhD from the Research Institute of Sports & Exercise at the University of Canberra on the topic of ACL rehabilitation and return to sport following knee injury in 2016.
He is Clinical & Research Director of a US, UK and Australian-based company (Pitch Ready) which focuses on blending clinical insights with data science, squad-based injury prevention strategies and return to sport testing following lower limb injury. He regularly conducts clinical consultancy to professional sporting teams and second opinions for complex cases following lower limb injury.
Since 2004, Tim has worked in clinical appointments with professional sporting teams across multiple codes including the St George-Illawarra Dragons, Port Adelaide Football Club, Australian Men’s Rugby Sevens Team, Brumbies Super Rugby Team, Sale Sharks Rugby Football Club, and Canberra Raiders.
Highlights of the episode:
- Importance of horizontal programming over a vertical model
- Movement skills athletes can develop to reduce the likelihood of injury
- What it takes to develop a correct diagnosis
- How your biggest learnings come from poor performing sporting organizations
- Developing Tim’s philosophy from different football codes